Academic Assessment Council
Overview of the Academic Assessment Council
- The Academic Assessment Council was set up by the Academic Senate:
Academic Senate Resolution (AS-735-11)
- The Council leads and coordinates campus assessment efforts.
- The Council creates a central repository for information and resources related to assessment.
- The Council ensures that data needed for program review and WASC are generated and stored appropriately.
- To the extent necessary, the Council creates a central repository for assessment data.
- The Council reviews the annual reports of program and college level assessment efforts.
- The Council reports the results of assessment efforts to the campus community.
- University assessment will consist of three related by distinct efforts: annual program-level assessment, University and GE assessment, and special initiatives as part of program review.
- The plan is designed to assess the University Learning Outcomes (ULOs) with special emphasis on the five WASC core competencies, identify standards of performance for students in the institution, and implement a coordinated assessment over a single ten-year cycle of review.