Welcome to the Office of Academic Programs and Planning!
The Office of Academic Programs and Planning (APP) is committed to promoting student learning and success by partnering with faculty and staff to develop, deliver, and continuously improve academic programs; collaborating with the Academic Senate to develop, implement, and review academic policies; and engaging the campus leadership in academic, enrollment, and strategic planning.
In particular, APP provides guidance and support for each of the university’s degree programs, which for AY 2018-19 include 66 undergraduate degree programs and 37 graduate degree programs. APP also provides administrative oversight for the university's General Education program.
To achieve its mission, APP facilitates academic planning for new and existing degree programs; manages accreditation and program review for Cal Poly and all of its degree programs; directs the assessment of student learning, especially the achievement of the five WASC core competencies; oversees the university's Instructionally Related Activities program; implements system-wide, CSU initiatives; and makes reports to meet all of the university's accountability requirements.
Additionally, Academic Programs and Planning oversees these non-college units in the Division of Academic Affairs:
- Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology (ctlt.calpoly.edu)
- International, Graduate, and Extended Education (extended.calpoly.edu)
- Office of the Registrar (registrar.calpoly.edu)
- Service Learning Program (civic.calpoly.edu)
- University Advising (advising.calpoly.edu)
- University Honors Program (honors.calpoly.edu)
- University Writing and Rhetoric Center (writingcenter.calpoly.edu)