Instructionally Related Activities
What is an IRA?
An Instructionally Related Activity (IRA) is an "out-of-class experience" that provides enrichment to students and enhances their learning at Cal Poly. Funding for recognized IRAs is provided through student fees. All IRA programs/activities are partially sponsored by an academic dean or department and are "integrally related" to a formal instructional program.
General IRA Information
- List of Recognized IRA Programs
- Criteria for IRA Recognition
- Expenditure Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- IRA Resource and Operations Guide
Call for Proposals
- The proposal process for the 2022-23 year has been completed.
- The next proposal process for new IRAs will begin late December 2022 and the funding proposal process for continuing IRAs will begin late January 2023.
- Need help? Have questions? Contact Jessica Carson, Administrative Analyst, Office of Academic Programs and Planning