University Learning Objectives
All students who complete an undergraduate or graduate program at Cal Poly should be able to:
- Think critically and creatively
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate expertise in a scholarly discipline and understand that discipline in relation to the larger world of the arts, sciences, and technology
- Work productively as individuals and in groups
- Use their knowledge and skills to make a positive contribution to society
- Make reasoned decisions based on an understanding of ethics, a respect for diversity, and an awareness of issues related to sustainability
- Engage in lifelong learning
Academic Senate Resolution: AS-651-07 "Resolution on Cal Poly Learning Objectives" (PDF). Adopted 23 January 2007.
Cal Poly Website: "The ULO Project: Assessing the University Learning Objectives".
Last updated: 8/3/2023