Online Teaching and Learning
The Academic Senate passed AS-896-20 "Resolution on Online Teaching & Learning" on May 19, 2020. This resolution rescinded and replaced AS-750-12 "Resolution on eLearning Policy" and approved an attached "Online Teaching & Learning Policy at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo."
This policy included the following sections:
- Modality Designations
- Face-to-Face Course, Traditional (FT)
- Face-to-Face Course, Online (FO)
- Local Course, Online (LO)
- Remote Course, Online (RO)
- Hybrid Course (HY)
- Flexible Course (FL)
- Credit Hours
- Faculty Responsibility for Curricular and Quality Control
- Removal of eLearning Addendum
- University Resource Requirements
- Student Training
- Faculty Training
- Technical Support
- Testing Services
- Information and Facility Services
- Student Services
- Student Evaluations
- Assessment of Online Education Courses and Programs
- Contracting and the Use of Outside Resources
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Course Descriptions and Advertising Guidelines
- Online Education Course and Program Funding
- Use of Online Education Technologies is Optional
- Applicability of Resolution
- Summary of Policies and Policy Recommendations Established in Resolution
Academic Senate Resolution: AS-750-12 "Resolution on eLearning Policy" (PDF) Adopted 29 May 2012.
Academic Senate Resolution: AS-895-20 "Resolution on Suspending eLearning Addendums" (PDF). Adopted 5 May 2020.
Academic Senate Resolution: AS-896-20 "Resolution on Online Teaching & Learning" (PDF). Adopted 19 May 2020.
Office of the Registrar Website: Course Policies and Guidelines: "Propose a Course to be Taught Online".
Last updated: 9/12/2023